Saturday, August 18, 2018

Social life, what social life....

So I go through these times when I get the itch to actually have a social life. Definitely not a consistent feeling but now is one of those times.
However, I am lacking in people to go out with. My younger sister (6 years younger) is usually up for grabbing a drink or dinner now and then but she is still in that age where most of her friends are single and always down for party town. (Maybe saying things like that is why people don't want to go out with me.) I also have an open invitation to hang out on my brothers porch for a wine night with my sister and sister in law, which is always fun, but again not the same as going out to a restaurant or bar. 
A good percentage of my friends are out of town, married, have kids, or married with kids living out of town so their time is pretty well taken up. And...to be very very clear, I love that my friends have amazing families and I love their kids and always enjoy spending time with them... even though those times may be few and far between. 
But there are those times when I miss being able to go out to a bar on a Saturday night, last minute, with a group of friends without having to worry about babysitters, bedtimes, and pumping schedules. 
I don't feel any need to go out and get married and have kids just to join the crew, but there are times I think it would be easier if I was at the same point in my life.  It also doesn't help that during the school year I can't really go out during the week so dates and happy hours are cut short, if possible at all. 

For happy hours and dates this year, I am going to make more of an effort to get out later/longer than I have in the past, but these would probably end up being with bumble dudes but I would like to find a way to get more "out on the town" time with my friends who are moms and dads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment